The 2nd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” is organized by the Little Life Warrior Society (LLWS) for people who have had cancers, severe blood diseases or bone marrow transplants during their childhood and who have made great achievements afterwards. The objectives of the Award are:
- To recognize their outstanding achievements and perseverance in spite of their suffering from severe diseases;
- To enable them to serve as role models for other children in similar situations to be positive, to excel and to give back to society;
- To raise public awareness of the needs of children cancer patients, children patients having undergone bone morrow transplant or suffering from severe blood diseases.
LLWS held the 1st “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” in 2015 and 19 Outstanding Little Life Warriors from the Prince of Wales Hospital were selected. This year, LLWS hold the 2nd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” and extend the eligibility of nominees to patients or survivors from the other four hospitals which have also set up the paediatric oncology and haematology, i.e. Princess Margaret Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Mary Hospital and Tuen Mun Hospital. Through organizing the election, LLWS wishes to encourage more patients and survivors to head for success and create a better life with a perseverant attitude.
Nomination period for the 2nd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” is from 6 June to 28 June 2016.
Eligibility of Nominee
The nominee can participate in the 2nd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” if he/she fulfils all of the following requirements:
1. Has had cancers, severe blood diseases or bone marrow transplants during his/her childhood (i.e. aged 18 years old or below when the nominee was diagnosed);
2. Received his/her medical treatment in Prince of Wales Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Mary Hospital or Tuen Mun Hospital;
3. Attains outstanding achievements in academic or other areas (e.g., music, sports, arts, etc.) and the achievements occur or are obtained within the past 10 years, i.e., from 1 January 2006 to 28 June 2016 inclusive.
1. The nominee MUST submit the completed and signed nomination form (either Chinese or English version) and copies of certificates or relevant documents by post or in person to “Little Life Warrior Society, M/F, Sir Yue Kong Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, 30-32 Ngan Shing Street, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong” on or before 5:00p.m. 28 June 2016 (Post mark no later than 28 June 2016 if submitted by post). Please mark “The 2nd Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” on the envelope.
2. When submitting the nomination form, please attach:
- copies of relevant documents or certificates to support the statement made in the nomination form (please do not submit any original copies)
3. Nomination forms can be obtained at
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong or the University of Hong Kong
- Prince of Wales Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Mary Hospital or Tuen Mun Hospital
- The Hong Kong Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Study Group
- Little Life Warrior Society
- Download HERE
1. Results will be announced on LLWS’s website on 15 July 2016. Awardees will be notified individually.
2. Awardees will be invited to attend LLWS’s 2016 Annual Gathering cum Award Presentation Ceremony of the 2nd Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award which will be held on 7 August. Awardees can bring two relatives or friends to attend the ceremony at most.
3. Individual awardees may be invited to share their experience at the award presentation ceremony.
4. Awardees will be awarded a trophy and certificate from members of the Judging Panel or other honorable guests at the award presentation ceremony. They will also receive book vouchers with a value of HK$800.
5. LLWS will contact awardees who cannot attend the award presentation ceremony for the arrangement of prizes.
Note: Awardees will be invited to make a short video (about 2–3 mins) to express their feelings of getting the award and invited for an interview by LLWS. The video may be uploaded to LLWS’s website while the interview script will be used for publishing the book named “Outstanding Little Life Warriors” (tentative) for charity use.
Through organizing the election, LLWS wishes to encourage more patients and survivors to head for success and create a better life with a perseverant attitude. Please take the chance and don’t hesitate to apply for the Award or nominate any outstanding little warriors beside you!!
Tel: 2632 1262
Fax: 2649 7688
Email: [email protected]
Viewers from website: 237 , Viewers from mobile: 0