Little Life Warrior Society (LLWS) is now holding the 3rd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” for people who have had cancer, severe blood diseases or bone marrow transplant during their childhood and who have made great achievements afterwards. The objectives of the Award are:
- To recognize their outstanding achievements and perseverance in spite of their suffering from severe diseases;
- To enable them to serve as role models for other children in similar situations to be positive, to excel and to give back to society;
- To raise public awareness of the needs of children cancer patients, children patients having undergone bone marrow transplant or suffering from severe blood diseases.
LLWS held the 1st “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” in 2015 and this year comes to the 3rd Award. Through organising the election, LLWS wishes to encourage more patients and survivors to head for success and create a better life with a perseverant attitude.
Nomination period for the 3rd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” is from 5 June to 4 July 2017.
The nominee can participate in the 3rd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” if he/she fulfils all of the following requirements:
- Has had cancer, severe blood diseases or bone marrow transplant during his/her childhood (i.e. aged 18 years old or below when the nominee was diagnosed);
- Received his/her medical treatment in Prince of Wales Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Mary Hospital or Tuen Mun Hospital (related medical certificate should be provided for medical treatments in hospitals not listed above);
- Attains outstanding achievements in academic or other areas (e.g., music, sports, arts, etc.) and the achievements occur or are obtained within the past 10 years, i.e., from 1 January 2007 to 4 July 2017 inclusive. Some of the examples are listed below:
- The nominee was promoted to University in September 2007 and graduated successfully in 2010.
- The nominee completed a university degree on 1st February 2007.
- The nominee was promoted to University in September 2015 and he/she is still studying in University till now.
- The nominee obtained remarkable sports awards in July 2013.
- The nominee has remarkable attainments in other aspects, such as music, writing, etc.
- Nominee can provide relevant copies of prizes or certificates to support their outstanding attainments.
- Each nominee must be nominated by one proposer
- The eligibility for the nomination is not applicable to deceased person.
Nominations shall be proposed by individuals who are 18 years of ages or above or any organisations/groups. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer.
- The nominee MUST submit the completed and signed nomination form and copies of certificates or relevant documents by post or in person to “Little Life Warrior Society, M/F, Sir Yue Kong Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, 30-32 Ngan Shing Street, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong” on or before 4 July 2017 (post mark dated after 4 July 2017 will not be accepted). Please mark “The 3rd Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” on the envelope if submitted by post.
- When submitting the nomination form, please attach:
- copies of relevant documents or certificates to support the statement made in the nomination form (please do not submit any original copies)
- Nomination forms can be obtained at
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong or The University of Hong Kong
- Prince of Wales Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Mary Hospital or Tuen Mun Hospital
- The Hong Kong Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Study Group
- Little Life Warrior Society
- Or click HERE to download (You may also click HERE to download the regulation for the Award)
The Judging Panel of the 3rd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award” will review all the nominations in mid July 2017 based on nominees’ personal achievements in academic or other areas (e.g., music, sports, arts, etc.).
Members of the Judging Panel include:
- Wu Ting Yuk Anthony, National Standing Committee Member of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference and Honorary Patron of LLWS
- Leung Ting Fan, Chairman of Department of Paediatrics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Honorary Consultant Paediatrician, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Prof. Godfrey CF Chan, Head & Chief of Service, Department of Paediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital & HKU-Shenzhen Hospital & The University of Hong Kong
- Fong Ching Sze, Social Work Officer of Health Resource Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Ling Siu Cheung, Consultant, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Prince Margaret Hospital
- Luk Chung Wing, Consultant, Paediatrics Department, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Li Chak Ho Rever, Consultant, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Tuen Mun Hospital
- Cheuk Ka Leung Daniel, Chairman of Hong Kong Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Study Group
- Mimi Tang, Sponsor of the 3rd “Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award”
*Decisions made by the Judging Panel will be final and binding.
- Results will be announced on LLWS’s website on 19 July 2017 (Wednesday). Awardees will be notified individually.
- Awardees will be invited to attend LLWS’s 2017 Annual Gathering cum Award Presentation Ceremony of the 3rd Outstanding Little Life Warriors Award which will be held on 6 August 2017 (Sunday). Awardees can bring up to three guests to attend the ceremony.
- Awardees may be invited to share their experience at the award presentation ceremony.
- Awardees will be awarded a trophy, certificate and book voucher.
- LLWS will have other arrangement of awarding the prizes for winners who cannot attend the award presentation ceremony.
Note: Awardees will be invited to make a short video (about 2–3 mins) to express their feelings of getting the award and invited for an interview by LLWS. The video may be uploaded to LLWS’s website while the interview may be used for the purposes of making LLWS’s publications or uploading to LLWS’s website. LLWS is not required to notify awardees for using the above information.
Little Life Warrior Society (LLWS)
Tel: 3505 1262 / 3505 3987
Fax: 2649 7688
Email: [email protected]
Address: M/F, Sir Yue Kong Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, 30-32 Ngan Shing Street, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
- All documents and materials submitted will not be returned. Please do not submit any original copies.
- All documents and materials collected will ONLY be used for the election. All information collected will be kept confidential and destroyed after the completion of the whole event.
- LLWS reserves the rights to change the regulations as deemed necessary.
- LLWS reserves the right of making final decision in case of conflicts.
- In case of discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions of this document, Chinese version will prevail.
Prof. Lam Tai Ning
Mr. Lo Chun Kwan Johnson
Dr. Ma Louis Chee Keung
The Chinese University of Hong Kong The University of Hong Kong Prince of Wales Hospital Princess Margaret Hospital
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Queen Mary Hospital Tuen Mun Hospital
The Hong Kong Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Study Group
Viewers from website: 289 , Viewers from mobile: 0