Attached to: The Second Hospital of Anhui Medical University
Established in October, 2008
No. of Members: 200 (Patients：90 Medical Staff：30 Parents：70)
1. A library for child patients with hematological malignancies was jointly established with Anhui Business Journal (Anhui Shang Bao) and Anhui McDonald’s.
2. A gathering was organised in July 2008 for child patients, survivors, parents and medical staff to enhance mutual support by sharing experience in treatment and patient care. There were interactive performances by patients, medical staff, and guests from popular TV shows.
3. The 2008 Christmas Party was sponsored by an Hefei Enterprise, Hefei TV, Anhui Volunteer Services Team and Hefei Blood Station. Performances by community senior dance performers and a famous acrobatic were terrific. There was also a creative corner for child patients.
4. ‘Teaching Materials on Childhood Leukemia’ was published.
5. Volunteer services are arranged regularly: university students come to the ward twice a week to teach and play with the child patients. Monthly parents’ sharing and Q&A sessions with the attending doctors are held.
6. Ward visits by survivors are arranged occasionally.
Viewers from website: 451 , Viewers from mobile: 0