My Dream Children’s Hospital
Child patients with cancer; bone marrow transplant or severe blood disease and survivors are no stranger to hospitals as they often need to travel to and from or stay in order to receive various treatments. After recovery, they still need to have their regular medical Check-ups at the hospital. In 2018, Hong Kong Children’s Hospital will be established and the provision of services will commence in phases to provide quality professional medical treatments to paediatric child patients. What should a Children’s Hospital look like from child patients and survivors’ point of view?
In order to let child patients with cancer; bone marrow transplant or severe blood disease and survivors express their imagination and expectation on the Hong Kong Children’s Hospital, Little Life Warrior Society (LLWS) will hold the “Hong Kong-China Childhood Cancer Drawing Competition 2017 (Hong Kong Region)” to allow the patients and survivors to use their creativity to create their own unique Children’s Hospital. LLWS will also hold the competition for the 11 LLWSs in the Mainland. All the winning artwork will be published in an album to foster communication between Hong Kong and the Mainland.
- To allow participants to draw their dream Children’s Hospital through their creativity and enhance their self-confidence in the process
- To enhance the understanding and exchange among the patients and the survivors from Hong Kong and the Mainland through the drawing competitions
- To raise public awareness of the needs of child patients with cancer; bone marrow transplant or severe blood disease
The following requirements need to be met in order to enter the competition:
- Has/had cancer, severe blood disease or bone marrow transplant during his/her childhood (i.e., aged 18 years old or below when diagnosed);
- Received/receiving medical treatment at Prince of Wales Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Mary Hospital or Tuen Mun Hospital (related medical certificate should be provided for medical treatments in hospitals not listed above)
There are 3 categories for the competition:
- Junior Group (aged 11 or below)
- Senior Group (aged 12 – 17)
- Open Group (aged 18 or above)
- Size of the artwork must not smaller than 21cm X 29.7cm (A4) or larger than 29.7cm X 42cm (A3) and the artwork should be depicted on white paper vertically or horizontally
- All artwork should be depicted in two-dimensional (2D) with any drawing techniques, such as gouache, water colour, sketch, crayon, pen, etc.
- A 30 to 100-word introduction of the artwork should be attached
- Each participant should NOT submit more than one piece of artwork.
*Artwork which does not meet the above requirements would not be judged.
*All artwork should be original without any violation of copyrights or else the artwork could be disqualified.
Members of the Judging Panel include:
Judges for the Hong Kong Region competition
- Dr. Lee Tsz Leung, Hospital Chief Executive of Hong Kong Children’s Hospital
- Prof. Leung Ting Fan, Chairman of Department of Paediatrics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Honorary Consultant Paediatrician, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Prof. Godfrey CF Chan, Chairman of Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The University of Hong Kong and Chief of Service of Queen Mary Hospital
- Dr. Li Chak Ho Rever, Consultant, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Tuen Mun Hospital
- Dr. Ling Siu Cheung, Consultant, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Prince Margaret Hospital
- Dr. Luk Chung Wing, Consultant, Paediatrics Department, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Ms Gukzik Lau, Hong Kong Visual Artist and Educator
Judges for the Mainland Region competition
- Mr. Wu Ting Yuk Anthony, GBS, JP, National Standing Committee Member of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference and Honorary Patron of LLWS
- Dr. Lucci Lugee Liyeung, Resident, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Ms. Fong Ching Sze, Social Work Officer of Health Resource Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Dr. Cheuk Ka Leung Daniel, Chairman of Hong Kong Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Study Group
- Prof. Tam Wai Ping, Associate Professor of Department of Fine Arts, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
*The decision made by the Judging Panel will be final and binding.
The Judging Panel will judge the artwork based on the criteria including theme expression, use of colour, composition design, drawing technique, creativity and personal style.
There would be a champion, 1st runner-up, 2nd runner-up, 3 merit prizes, 1 most creative prize and 1 special commendation prize for each category. All the awardees will be given a certificate and book vouchers. A trophy will be awarded to the champion, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up.
28 July 2017
Method of Joining
- Participants MUST submit their artwork together with the completed application form by post or in person to “Little Life Warrior Society, M/F, Sir Yue Kong Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, 30-32 Ngan Shing Street, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong” on or before 28 July 2017 (post mark dated later than 28 July would not be accepted). Please mark “Hong Kong-China Childhood Cancer Drawing Competition 2017 (Hong Kong Region)”, Remark: No Folding on the envelope.
- Application forms can be obtained at
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong or the University of Hong Kong
- Prince of Wales Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Mary Hospital or Tuen Mun Hospital
- The Hong Kong Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Study Group
- Little Life Warrior Society
- Or downloaded HERE
Please click HERE to download the terms and conditions for the competition.
- Results will be announced on LLWS’s website on 29 September 2017 (Friday). Winners will be notified individually.
- Winners will be invited to attend the “LLWS Christmas Party cum Award Presentation Ceremony for the Hong Kong-China Childhood Cancer Drawing Competition 2017” in December 2017. Winners can bring up to three guests to attend the ceremony.
- LLWS will have other arrangement of awarding the prizes for winners who cannot attend the award presentation ceremony.
Tel: 3505 1262 / 3505 3987
Fax: 2649 7688
Email: [email protected]
Address: M/F, Sir Yue Kong Pao Centre for Cancer, Prince of Wales Hospital, 30-32 Ngan Shing Street, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
- All artwork submitted will not be
- LLWS reserves the copyright of all the artwork and the right to use the artwork for the purposes of publishing albums, making LLWS’s publications, uploading to LLWS’s website or holding relevant art exhibitions. LLWS is not required to provide any forms of compensation to any participants in respect of the above rights.
- All personal information collected will be kept confidential. However, some personal data (such as the participant’s name, diagnosis, hospital that the participant is/was under) may be used for the purposes of publishing albums, making LLWS’s publications, uploading to LLWS’s website or holding relevant art exhibitions. LLWS is not required to notify participants for using the above information (participants should check the box of not wishing to disclose their personal data in the application form if they do not wish LLWS to use their personal data).
- LLWS reserves the rights to change the regulations.
- LLWS reserves the right of making final decision in case of conflicts.
- In case of discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions of this document, Chinese version will prevail.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong The University of Hong Kong Prince of Wales Hospital Princess Margaret Hospital
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Queen Mary Hospital Tuen Mun Hospital
The Hong Kong Paediatric Haematology and Oncology Study Group
Viewers from website: 1154 , Viewers from mobile: 0